One of the famous cakes from Spanish is a tres leches cake. It is a kind of sponge cake, but also known as butter cake. For you, the cake lover, you should try this cake. it is very delicious cake. It made with three kinds of milk. They are condensed milk, heavy cream, and evaporated milk. If do not use the butter, this cake will become very light and there are many air bubbles on it. This cake becomes very popular in North America, Central and South America, and several parts in the Caribbean. There are some variations of this cake in Turkey. The Turkish version sometimes made this cake with three milks, they are: goat’s milk, cow’s milk, and water buffalo’s milk.
If you want to make tres leches cake, you should prepare some material, such as:
- Unsalted butter
- a cup of all purpose flour
- 3/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of fine sea salt to taste
- 5 large separated eggs
- a cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- a tablespoon pure extract vanilla
- a can or 14 ounce of sweetened condensed milk
- a can or 12 ounce of evaporated milk
After preparing the ingredient, you can start to make your own tres leches cake. To make this cake you can follow these steps. The steps are:
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter your 9 x13 inch baking pan lightly, then set aside.
- Serve a big bowl, and then sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. After that set aside.
- Take the egg yolks and 3/4 cup of sugar into a big bowl. And then beat them with an electric mixer with a medium speed. Beat those ingredients until airy and pale yellow. It may take about two minutes. After that, add all of the milk and a half of the vanilla. Beat them until blended. You may need to scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Take the flour mixture for three parts, and then set the batter aside.
- In the other large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft. Add 1/4 cup of sugar in two parts, then continue to beat them. After all of them stiff peaks form, fold the mixture of the egg white into batter in three parts. Fold carefully as little as possible to blend them.
- Carefully take the batter to the pan and spread with your spatula. Bake your batter until risen and golden. To get well cooked through, it may take about 20 minutes. Let your cake cool completely. When it is cool, the cake will shrink away from the pan.
8. While waiting your cake, whisk the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Use a fork or toothpick to pierce all over your cake. then pour milk mixture to all over cake slowly. At the last, cover your cake and then chill it for along 4 hour. After 4 hours, cut cake into several squares and put it to the plates. Your tres leches cake is ready to be served.